CHME Research

CHME historical research expenditures

Undergraduate Student Research Projects

Undergraduates are encouraged to participate in research in CHME.  Finding a research project requires a student take the initiative.  It involves reviewing ongoing CHME faculty research endeavors, interviewing the faculty having projects of interest to you, then working with that faculty in defining a contribution you can make to one of these projects that will feasibly fit into your academic calendar.  

It is suggested that once you find a research project that interests you, or you have developed a relationship with one of the faculty, send an email introducing yourself, express your interest in undergraduate research, propose a meeting with the faculty member to discuss how you might participate in their lab, and attach you resume.  

In parallel with the search for a project, students are encouraged to complete the required safety training courses offered through NMSU Environmental Health Safety & Risk Management.

Projects may be completed for credit using the CHME 498 Undergraduate Research course, may be a paid position through grant funding, or may be performed voluntarily for the experience.