Production Team Leader – Shelling and Sorting
REPORTS TO Plant Manager LOCATION La Mesa, NM Site
FLSA STATUS Exempt POSITION Full time
EDUCATION High School or GED
Under minimal supervision, responsible for overseeing all the production activities in the shelling plant and monitoring of departmental KPI’s.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Through direct supervision of all assigned personnel, the production supervisor will ensure all products being processed or packaged meet or exceed current standards of quality and production quantity.
- Ensure all assigned employees adhere to and follow all policies, rules and regulations and procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections of the area to ensure a safe working environment and to promote good housekeeping habits.
- Review production schedule for proper sequencing of products; recommend revisions/adjustments.
- Confirm adequacy of supplies and ingredients for all lines including upcoming shift.
- Coordinate training program for personnel on the shift, to provide an opportunity to each employee to learn and improve their skills and to evaluate the employees.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all assigned personnel.
- Perform, supervise, and coordinate work activities of production staff, which may include technical and/or non-technical assistance.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly maintenance activities.
- Effectively utilize manpower and materials in the support of company goals.
- Ensure that daily production, downtime, and quality reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with current procedures.
- Continually evaluate manufacturing operations to identify possible methods to improve quality, productivity and costs.
- Clearly communicate with others to ensure the successful operation of the division.
- Assist management in strategic planning for the plant.
- Perform various administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the division.
- Assist with the designing, installation and debugging of new equipment as necessary.
- Facilitating a 10 minute employee meeting each day to keep the employees informed of safety precautions, performance, policies, etc.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- Skills for this career may be learned at work
- Intermediate PC skills
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Basic mathematical skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements (Physical and Mental Demands):
- Prefer applicants with a GED or high school diploma
- Minimum of three (3) or five (5) year supervisor experience
- Knowledge of the processing equipment used in the company
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Physical ability to lift, stand, climb, bend, etc within a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to pull, squat, kneel, climb and/or balance
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Provides assistance, receives direction and reports directly to the Shelling Plant Manager or Shelling Plant Assistants. Must be able, to work with all employees in the shelling plant.
22500 South Highway 28 La Mesa, NM 88044
Approximate Hourly Pay:
Rate depends on experience
Health Care Coverage