Unique Opportunity in young company!
Lead Cider Maker (Submissions accepted until 17 Aug 18, EOB)
Lead Cider Maker
Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC – Santa Fe, NM, 87507
Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC is a young, growing company focused on the production and wholesale of unique craft cider. We are looking to open late summer/early fall pending licensing approvals.
Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC is searching for an enthusiastic candidate who is eager to join a customer oriented, employee supportive environment. At Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC, we are excited by the fermentation of cider, we are not interested in being tied down by traditions or style guidelines. We want to produce the best cider possible and discover new possibilities for where cider can go. As an employee at Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC, you can expect to be a part of making everything from traditional style cider to experimenting with various botanicals, barrel aging and more. This position will be directly responsible for leading and performing all cider making activities.
The Lead Cider Maker will have to have to adhere and perform all cider making specific duties. Upon request by leadership, develop new products to meet the needs of the customer. The Lead Cider Maker will have direct input in defining the direction of the company product profile and services. Shift hours will generally be standard but may flex due to the needs of the business. The right person will be able to create procedures for day-to-day efficiency and think critically about the cider making process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing all cider production processes in a safe and efficient manner. This includes, but is not limited to: sorting, milling, pressing, transferring, and product development
• Pitching yeast and nutrients as required. Racking, filtering, blending, and carbonating. Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonations
• Packaging duties such as kegging, bottling, and canning
• Maintaining cleanliness of all areas in the cider facility and warehouse
• Communicating effectively with leadership and arriving to each shift on time with a positive attitude
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operation and upkeep of equipment and maintaining quality control throughout all aspects of the cider making and storage
• Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time
• Be responsible for ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout the facility
• Any additional duties identified by leadership
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, with a certificate or experience in the commercial cider process. This can include home brewing experience;
however, must have direct experience with commercial production and equipment
• Must be comfortable performing normal duties and product development without supervision based on leadership direction
• Experience: 3-5 years in cidery industry desired but not mandatory, based on experience
• Have a basic understanding of Excel, Word, Google Docs, etc
• Clean and valid driver’s license
• Age: Over 21 only
• Must pass background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
We are a very small cider production facility using the space we have to maximum efficiency. The noise level in the work environment is moderate most of the time. Temperatures vary seasonally in work areas.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a mid-level level position for someone looking for a unique opportunity in the rapidly growing craft cider industry. Full time opportunity will be made available to the right candidate when available. Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC offers $15.00 wage; profit sharing and possible health care benefits for full-time employees after one year of employment.
Job Type: Part-time, leading to possible full-time position.
References: Provide one personal and two professional references
Santa Fe New Mexico
Approximate Hourly Pay: