Date(s) - Mon 11/21/16
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Jerry Shaw Conference Room (GH200)
|09:05||Review continuous self-study (Rockstraw)|
|09:45||Review pending/proposed changes to EAC criteria (Mitchell)|
|09:55||Review 2016-2017 AY assessment assignments (Rockstraw)|
|10:00||Quality Initiative - Report on writing assessments (Schutte, Gulino)
Junior – Senior Level Writing Rubric
Sophomore Level Writing Rubric
|10:15||NMSU Quality Initiative (Shelly Stovall)|
- PEO changes
- Change PEO 3 from “be on a path to management or research leadership” to “be on the path to leadership.”
- Change PEO 4 from “continually seek to further their education through continuing education and professional development” to “build new skills sets through continuing education and professional development.”
- Graduate PEO 1 change from “design programs of study…” to “design research studies…”
- Graduate PEO 3 becomes two PEOs
- original: “work independently as well as collaboratively, while demonstrating understanding and application of the professional and ethical responsibilities of the engineering profession”
- New: (1) work independently and collaboratively; and (2) apply professional and ethical responsibilities of the engineering profession.
- Think about developing assessment methods for the graduate PEOs soon (draft available for 2017 faculty retreat)
- add an “and” at the end of PEO 5
- remove “new or” from PEO 2
- Self study changes:
- Remove “NMSU Administration” as a constituency of the program.
- Be less specific as to the timing of the faculty retreat, just indicate it will be annually.
- Change 2E to discuss the new IAB and Academy roles. Add wording that AICHE and CHEGSO will review annually too. Citizens of NM must be represented through the other constituency.
- Remove “(5-year or less)” from alumni form.
Meeting adjourned when time contract was exceeded. Faculty will continue review of self-study and assessment data in faculty meetings during the balance of the academic year. Notes will be added below as progress is made.