Date(s) - Thu 11/07/19
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
CHME Advising Party for Spring 2020!
CHME undergraduate advising will take place on Monday 11/07/19 in the CHME Commons from 1 until 5 PM. The CHME Faculty will be advising on course selection for next semester.
Bring your STAR audit!
Learn more about the process on the CHME website:
- If you come without an audit, you will be asked to go to the computer lab and print a copy.
Bring your expertise! Seniors/Juniors…
Your expertise is what makes this event successful. You know the personalities and expectations of many of the instructors across campus, knowledge immensely valuable to those who still have to take their fundamental sciences and general education courses. Please identify yourself to anyone looking in need of help. The process moves faster and smoother if each student has an accurate course list before they approach a faculty member for final review and signature.
Review this stuff before advising!
- 2019-2020 BSCHE curriculum – Some of you may benefit (and save some tuition $) by switching to this new catalog. The number of general education courses in the humanities, social sciences, and fine arts has been reduced.
- Spring time block schedule – See all the spring CHME courses on a single calendar grid.
- Understanding CAASS holds – You will have a hold on your registration by CAASS if (1) your major is listed as “pre-engineering” (meaning you have not complete ENGL 111G, ENGR 100, CHEM 111G or CHEM 115, MATH 191G, and PHYS 215G); (2) are an international student; or (3) are a first year student. You will need to schedule an appointment with Kelsey Smyth to have this hold lifted.
- Online Advising form – if you are unable to attend or have a complicated matter that requires a more detailed consideration than can be handled in the party format.
Bring your appetite!
As always, La Familia breaks bread together for this event, thanks to financial support from generous CHME alumni and the efforts of Carol Dyer, Monica Sanchez, and AICHE volunteers.