German Engineering Internships
- You will gain invaluable field expertise in one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.
- You will see what life is like in a country where the exact sciences are highly valued, respected and well-funded by the government.
If you think this would help you professionally, then come to Germany
(like several of your NMSU colleagues in engineering have already done…)
Here is one way to do it:
CONGRESS BUNDESTAG YOUTH EXCHANGE PROGRAM FOR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS https://culturalvistas.org/programs/abroad/congress-bundestag-youth-exchange-young-professionals/
- This funded fellowship opportunity annually covers basic living costs for all 150 participants (75 Americans + 75 Germans), including:
- Round-trip international airfare
- Language school costs for two months of intensive German language study
- Tuition costs for four months of study
- Housing costs for host family, apartment, or dormitory during the pre-internship phases
- Note: program funding during the internship depends on earnings
- Monthly stipend to cover basic cost of living
- Program-related travel within Germany
- Health insurance in Germany
…and just as generous is the:
GERMAN ACADEMIC EXCHANGE SERVICE https://www.daad.de/en/
You don’t need to know German in order to qualify for those programs, but some knowledge of it is preferred.
We’re here to help! NMSU offers Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced courses in German. (including minor and double-major programs)
Check out the sites listed above. Then come talk to us here in the Department of Languages and Linguistics.
224 Breland Hall – 646-2229