Students who follow the accelerated MSCHE track may also be interested in exploring career opportunities in the National Nuclear Security Administration Graduate Fellowship Program with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. A potential career with NNSA would be further enhanced by the NMSU CHME Nuclear Chemical Engineering Minor of Study.
Students who have interest in this program may wish to take some courses beyond their MSCHE requirements from the following list:
- GOVT 502 Research Methods in Government (taught every Fall)
- GOVT 544 Public Policy Analysis (every spring)
- GOVT 530 Seminar in Public Policy (Fall)
- GOVT 541 Public Budgeting (Fall)
- GOVT 547 Government Organizations (Fall)
- GOVT 560 Seminar in International Relations (Spring)
- GOVT also offers a grad minor in Security Studies (9 credits)
See the CHME Department Head to discuss substituting some of these courses for technical electives in the MSCHE path.