As part of the ongoing project with NASA White Sands Test Facility on removal of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) from groundwater, this project focuses on the development on a new analytical method to measure the NDMA at the part per trillion levels needed for this scenario. By using 14C-labeled NDMA in synthesized solutions, on-campus and timely measurement of solutions from activated carbon adsorption studies should be possible.
- Complete basic radiation training.
- Participate in development of experimental safety protocol document and safety review process.
- Prepare NDMA solutions for calibration; prepare/use liquid scintillation cocktail.
- Operate liquid scintillation counter instrumentation.
- Interpret NDMA calibration data and evaluate liquid scintillation counting method.
- CHME 301
- CHEM 315
- Sicilee Macklin