Visit with Charles Massingale (BSCHE 2012) at the Career Connections on January 31 to be considered for an interview on February 1.
DCP Technical Recruiting
DCP Midstream, LP (NYSE: DCP) leads the midstream segment as one of the largest natural gas liquids producers, and one of the largest natural gas processors natural gas marketers in the U.S. We are a “must-run” company, processing about 12 percent of the country’s natural gas.
With a premier footprint, we provide integrated midstream services across the value chain in the key producing basins. Our employees are aligned with our vision of DCP 2020, a framework for ensuring we are sustainable in any market environment. At our core, we are all focused on operational excellence in everything we do, founded on the principles of reliability, risk management and efficiency, and the behaviors of discipline, accountability and managerial courage.
Focused on innovation, we are exploring new ways of operating more efficiently and reliably, founded on people, process and technology. With a goal of becoming a fully digital company leading as the “Operations of the Future”, we offer exciting opportunities to be part of transforming the midstream energy industry.
The Technical Engineering Recruiting program is a three year rotational program that prepares undergrad graduates for future leadership roles at DCP Midstream. The rotational program offers opportunities for individuals to have immediate impact on our changing business while growing their skillset, developing knowledge of our operations, and strengthening their leadership skills. Participants will be mentored by a senior leader throughout the program and will have robust and actionable development plans focused on continued development.
This program consists of three, 12-month rotations across locations and business functions within Engineering.
Everyone starts as an Asset Engineer. Asset Engineers are charged with the responsibility of providing technical support to the plant that they are assigned to. This support includes process simulation modeling, scope, design, cost estimates, bidding, installation and management of small projects at their plant and associated compressor stations. Performance monitoring and improvement are key roles in this position. This position provides the foundational training and knowledge needed for future rotations. Future rotations are based on individual development needs and could include; Engineering, Corporate Engineering, Project Management, Measurement, Reliability, Gas or natural gas liquid (NGL) operations
- Bachelor’s in Engineering – preferably Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Geographic mobility (main placement cities and states include; but not limited to Greeley CO, Midland TX, Okarche OK, Borger OK, Hobbs NM, Artesia NM, Carlsbad NM)
- 0 – 2 years of experience in Natural Gas & NGL conditioning, treating, processing, and compression
- Process simulation skills in Promax and Hysys or other similar software packages
- Competent in all Microsoft Office tools and willing to learn to use scheduling software
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles
- Great people skills and ready to work with varying levels of skills and experiences
- Undergraduate Engineering degree required
- Interests aligned with energy or oil and gas industries
- Demonstrated academic achievement and strong analytical and communication skills
- Active member in one or more student organizations, experience in a leadership role preferred
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.