To get Panopto to appear in your Canvas course:
- In your Canvas course, select “Settings” on the left menu bar, then select the “Navigation tab.
- Drag the Panopto menu from the bottom of the list into the active menu in the location you would like it to appear.
- Panopto is now ready to use.
To operate Panopto:
- Open a web browser and go to the Canvas login page at https://learn.nmsu.edu/.
- Select your Panopto enabled course.
- Click on the Panopto button in the Canvas navigation menu.
- Panopto will open in another window that looks like the following screen shot:
- Select “Create”, then click on the Record icon.
- Selecting the Primary Source settings
- For Video select Camera Capture
- For Audio select Microphone
- Select High quality
- Click Apply.
- Selecting the Secondary Source Settings
- To record your session
- After completing your recording, you will need to “upload to CANVAS” and select the appropriate course in which to place the recording.
The camera remote control is kept in the mail station in JH 259 (lower left box). Be sure to turn on the microphone. You can control the local volume using the dial on the black box found inside the cabinet along the right side of the teaching station.
If you run into any difficulties, call Dr. Rockstraw for assistance.