- CHME is continuously performing program self-study.
- Scheduled CHME Assessment Events can be found on the calendar.
- Assessment events since website migration are listed below:
- Constituency are invited to participate in providing input on proposed curriculum changes.
- The chemical engineering undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, Telephone (410) 347-7700.
- Alumni Support of Assessment is primarily through the Industrial Advisory Board and the Academy.
Excerpt from the 2012-2013 EAC Final Statement and Actions for NMSU concerning the CHME program…
- The alumni are very supportive of the program and devote considerable time and effort, especially through the Alumni Academy, to advise the department on continuous improvement.
- The students are actively engaged not just in their own individual education but also in the education of their peers. This environment goes beyond camaraderie and includes cooperative learning, peer-assessment, and self-assessment.
- The faculty members are very committed to the success of their students, and the students understand and appreciate it.
The Program Evaluator’s evaluation in Strength #2 is best demonstrated by a video created by members of the 2011 graduating class.
NMSU CHME assessment practices are available in the NMSU CH E Program Self-Study Report – 2012.