Monthly Archives: August 2018

Lawrence Fellowship

POSTDOC OPPORTUNITY- PLEASE DISTRIBUTE  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is currently accepting applications for its prestigious Lawrence Fellowship.  Applications can be submitted through our website: https://fellowship.llnl.gov/ They must be completed no later than October 1, 2018. We would like you to encourage your most promising graduate students to apply for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s (LLNL) Lawrence Fellowship….
Continue reading “Lawrence Fellowship” »

Posted in Announcement, Employment, Graduate | Comments Off on Lawrence Fellowship

Crimson Scholar Work-Study Program

Hi Friends, The Crimson Scholar work study program still has some funding available for this academic year. This funding provides 70% of a student worker’s salary, and the home department pays the remaining 30% of the costs. Students must have a 3.5 GPA, must have a FAFSA completed, and unlike other funding, this is awarded…
Continue reading “Crimson Scholar Work-Study Program” »

Posted in Announcement | Comments Off on Crimson Scholar Work-Study Program

Houston Fulbright blog – 180823

Konbanwa! (Good evening!)  I’m writing this on Thursday evening, August 23. Right now it is almost 2:00 AM for everyone in Las Cruces. In Japan we are exactly 15 hours ahead of MDT. It took us probably 3 to 5 days to get fully adjusted to the time change. It is also daylight for about…
Continue reading “Houston Fulbright blog – 180823” »

Posted in CHME News | Tagged | Comments Off on Houston Fulbright blog – 180823

Foudazi (CHME) and Adbdelkefi (MAE) funded by Bureau of Reclamation

Posted in CHME News | Comments Off on Foudazi (CHME) and Adbdelkefi (MAE) funded by Bureau of Reclamation

NMSBrew featured in University Communication story

http://newscenter.nmsu.edu/Articles/view/13241/nmsu-s-brewery-engineering-program-creates-new-concoctions [gview file=”https://dept-wp.nmsu.edu/chme-p/files/2018/08/NMSBrew-LC-Sun-News-14-Aug-2018.pdf”]

Posted in CHME News, NMSBrew | Comments Off on NMSBrew featured in University Communication story

Houston Fulbright blog – 180807

Hola, la familia de CHME! Or should I say, konnichiwa! I’ve started a blog to share with you the different experiences my family and I are having while in Japan. So, it’s been about a month since we flew into Tokyo’s Haneda Airport. Tokyo, being a HUGE metropolis of 13 million people, can be accessed…
Continue reading “Houston Fulbright blog – 180807” »

Posted in CHME News | Tagged | Comments Off on Houston Fulbright blog – 180807

Fronczek (BSCHE 2007) on Space-X Dragon and Boeing CST-100 Starliner training team

NASA announced the Crew Assignments for the return of US Astronauts launching from American soil! This hasn’t happened since the Space Shuttle retired in 2011. These astronauts will be launching on the Space-X Dragon and the Boeing CST-100 Starliner vehicles. Joe Fronczek (BSCHE 2007) is excited to be part of the team training these four…
Continue reading “Fronczek (BSCHE 2007) on Space-X Dragon and Boeing CST-100 Starliner training team” »

Posted in CHME News | Tagged | Comments Off on Fronczek (BSCHE 2007) on Space-X Dragon and Boeing CST-100 Starliner training team

College of Engineering Peer Learning Facilitator positions

Hello, I am still searching for 2 more peer learning facilitators for the Fall semester. The student must be a junior or senior, have a 3.2 or above GPA and will work 15-20 hours per week for 10.50/hr. They will serve as a mentor for ENGR 100 and host office hours in the Learning Community….
Continue reading “College of Engineering Peer Learning Facilitator positions” »

Posted in Employment | Comments Off on College of Engineering Peer Learning Facilitator positions

Lead Cider Maker – Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC

Unique Opportunity in young company! Position Title: Lead Cider Maker (Submissions accepted until 17 Aug 18, EOB) Job Description: Lead Cider Maker Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC – Santa Fe, NM, 87507 Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC is a young, growing company focused on the production and wholesale of unique craft cider. We are looking…
Continue reading “Lead Cider Maker – Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC” »

Posted in Employment | Comments Off on Lead Cider Maker – Santa Fe Craft Cider, LLC